Friday, May 7, 2010

Kale and potatoes

Here's what I did with some of the kale, oregano and green onions from Groundswell Farm Friday night.

Kale and potatoes


Olive oil
sliced potatoes, about 3 medium
2 garlic cloves, minced, or comparable garlic powder
2-3 green onions, snipped
4 sprigs of oregano
1 tsp. of nutmeg
handful of kale
salt and pepper

1. Warm olive oil (maybe 2 tbsp.) a large skillet with a lid on medium-high heat. Add the sliced potatoes and cover with a lid.

2. Once the potatoes are soft, add garlic, nutmeg, oregano and green onions. Cook for a couple of minutes.

3. Add kale a little at a time until wilted. Then add salt and pepper to taste and serve.

I added the nutmeg because I've used it in a recipe for colcannon that used kale and it was a great complement. Use more or less if you wish.

Note: When I create dishes I rarely measure. I just go by looks and taste. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment