The other night I planned to saute some squash and zucchini, but at the last minute I decided to throw in some chard. With a splash of apple cider vinegar, this made a great side dish with ham, green beans and mashed potatoes.
a small or medium squash
a small or medium zucchini
2 or more cloves of garlic, diced
3 or 4 leaves of chard
butter or olive oil
salt and pepper
apple cider vinegar (optional)
1. Slice the squash and zucchini and tear up or cut the chard into small pieces. Chop onion and dice garlic.
2. In a large pan, melt a bit of butter or warm a tbsp. olive oil. Add 2 or more cloves of garlic and cook for a minute or two.
3. Add squash, zucchini and onion. Cook for a couple minutes until onion is translucent.
4. Add chard and stir, coating well. Cook until chard is wilted.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with a splash of apple cider vinegar.
Quick Tip: Shortening a Zipper
1 hour ago