Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kimchi recipe

Arwen O'Reilly Griffith posted a recipe for kimchi over at Craft Magazine the other day. She said kimchi is a Korean cabbage dish.

I had a small cabbage in the fridge that we got through the CSA. We're getting ready to head to Cincinnati for Chris' aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party so I had to do something with before it went bad.

I thought the recipe sounded like a good way to use up some cabbage so I gave it a try. Here's the result:


It's gotta ferment for a few days before it's ready. I'll let you know how it tastes when I try it. Griffith said she eats hers with eggs and a commenter said they eat kimchi on a quesadilla. I like the quesadilla idea and might try that first.
_____________________________________________________
Interested in learning more about Korean cuisine? Try these cookbooks out:

    

0 comments:

Post a Comment