Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Canning tomatoes and sweater update

This weekend I canned 7 quarts of diced tomatoes and 3 pints of salsa, loaded with peppers -- jalapenos, a few cayenne, banana peppers (sweet and hot) and some green pepper.

 (All photos by E.A. Seagraves. Do not use without permission.)


One quart didn't get quite full of tomatoes, so I topped it off with water.

I also finished my sweater! I still need to wash it and block it before I wear it.


The collar is supposed to be stitched together in the front, but I didn't like it. So I clipped it and decided to let it hang.

The sweater is "Tanglewood Pullover" by Beryl Hiatt and Linden Phelps from the book "Handknit Style II."

Chris and I also picked out some fabric for some other Christmas present projects and I started crocheting other gifts last night. Here's the fabric we picked out (not sure why the photo is uploading sideways):
We picked the fabric up from Mountain Plain Fabrics in Hillsville, Va.. It mostly carries quilting material so the selection isn't that varied as far as fashion fabrics go, but the fabric they do have is beautiful and the staff is incredibly helpful.

I can't wait to stitch this fabric up and present them at Christmas!
_____________________________________________________________
Here are the knitting book and preserving book for the projects above. I highly recommend both. The sweaters are superb and the Ball canning book is full of useful tips and recipes.

   

2 comments:

  1. Your sweater looks AWESOME!! Wow!!! Upload a picture once you put it on :) I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chelsey Thank you, Chelsey! I'll post a photo once I get the sweater washed and blocked (dried to the proper shape). I'll try to get it up by the first of next week.

    ReplyDelete