Friday, February 11, 2011

Sewing project: my first knit!

I'm still busy working on Chris' cardigan and I'm also whipping up another pair of men's gloves for a friend.

Sundays for the last three weeks, however, have been dedicated to the sewing room! I did not get to spend much time at the ol' Singer last year but I'm making efforts to do so for 2011.

Right now I'm working on my first knit project. Knits, as I understand it, are much harder to work with because the material likes to stretch and can be slippery. I haven't had too much trouble so far.

I'm using a dark blue fabric that I think is jersey. My mother-in-law gave me the fabric along with a pattern for a turtle neck dress. I had planned on making a turtle neck (shirt, not dress) but after buying this pattern with Hancock Fabrics gift card money, I decided to use it for this instead:


I'm making shirt A. I've already created the neckband and sewn the shoulders together. Next I'm trying to figure out how to attach the neckband to the shirt. I hope to make time to do that on Sunday.

To buy the pattern, visit Kwik Sew's website here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment