Monday, April 4, 2011

Cranberry Banana muffins

These are fantastic! I didn't except these to turn out so well. The mixture of banana and cranberry is perfect and the overall sweetness was not overpowering.

I made these on a whim because we had one over ripe banana; not enough to make banana bread, pudding or anything else.



The recipe called for bran, but I used quick-cooking oats instead. I also used dried cranberries I had on hand, not fresh. I also used almond milk, as I'm currently trying out a dairy-free diet. (I've already failed on day two, as you can read here.)

This is from Jen Botts, listed in "Recipes and Remembrances," a Neighbors Grove Wesleyan Church Women of Faith cookbook. My mom gave me this for Christmas last year.

Banana-Cranberry Spice Muffins
By: Jen Botts

1 cup bran cereal
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup ripe banana, mashed
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sweetened cranberries

Mix first 5 ingredients and let sit for a few minutes. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt together and add to mixture. Stir in cranberries.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. These look great! Have this bookmarked for future use. :)

    ReplyDelete