Friday, September 24, 2010

More Christmas projects

More Christmas projects are underway! I'm very proud how I'm already tackling things and finishing them so early!

This will leave more time for other Christmas ideas, baking and shopping as the season draws near.

Here's the latest projects — knitted dish clothes. The pattern is here.


I bought the yarn at A Yarn Among Friends in Moundsville, W.VA. Chris and I were in the area last week visiting a friend and vacationing. You can read about that trip in various posts on Small Travels and Musings.

This pair of dish clothes are a set and I'll make another set just like it.

I bought this yarn to make a pair of socks.


I'll use "I Can't Believe I'm Knitting Socks," by Cindy Guggemos. I've used this book to make three pair of the Eyelet Chevron Socks. This time I'm thinking of Crest O' the Wave Socks or maybe Little Arrowhead Lace Socks.

I haven't decided if I'll make a pair for me or make them for a gift.

Also, Nannie told me this week that she bought me a book. She has picked out a sweater in it she wants me to make for her. I'm so honored and excited to do this for her!

Nannie fell and broke her hip last week and will be at a nursing home for up to 3 weeks for rehab. (Prayers would be appreciated.) So I'm not sure when I'll get the book from her. She wanted to finish looking at the book before she gave it to me. She also said she'd buy the yarn, but I'd rather pick it out with her and pay for it myself.

Hopefully someone will take the book to her and a baby quilt she's been working on to the nursing home. That way she'll have some things to keep her busy while she's there. She's not dealing with being away from home too well right now.

2 comments:

  1. Bt wishes for a speedy recovery for your Nannie. I will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chelsey Thank you, Chelsey! She's at home and doing better. I hope to visit her tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete