Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Shirt ideas

As I said in this post, I'm planning to tackle some easier projects for awhile. I'm burned out from jackets, pants and other detailed projects. I need some quick satisfaction!

Here's what I'm thinking of tackling. I may not get to them all, though I would like to, especially as Christmas gifts.

These are all from BurdaStyle and the images below belong to them:

Madison -- I want a sweater dress to wear this fall and winter and thought I could make this in wool or thick cotton. Any other suggestions? I also wonder how hard it will be to add sleeves. I would want short or cap sleeves or 3/4 length sleeves.

J.J. Blouse -- This will be cute with pencil skirts and slacks for the fall. BurdaStyle also has it styled with a long sleeved shirt underneath and that might work to carry it into the winter. I think, maybe, a jacket will work too. (Yes, I know. This looks detailed. I told you I love detailed stuff. It's hard for me to get away from them!)



Sadie -- I would make the tank top, either cowl neck or the plain. I could see this in a fancier knit so that it could be used under jackets and cardigans. I probably would not make the dress. I had one of Chris' cast-a-side polo shirts, but now I can't find it. It's green and soft. It would work perfectly for this.


Natalie -- I was thinking of making this as a gift. I really like the seams in the front and the collar. This is one of BurdaStyle's plus-sized patterns and can be easily adjusted for different sizes. I would love to hear your color combinations for the collar and body of this shirt. BurdaStyle made the collar red on a black shirt.

Ellinor -- Another potential Christmas gift. I would even make this for me. It's nice and simple. Any suggestions? I was thinking a sheer fabric with a colorful ribbon would look nice over tanks and other shirts.


Lydia -- This would probably be a Christmas gift. I usually don't wear long-sleeved T-shirts, unless they have a V-neck collar and maybe a 3/4 length sleeve. I don't know how to alter the neckline for a V-neck, so this will probably be a gift, if I make it. If anyone knows how to alter the neckline, please let me know.


I'm hoping these will be quick and will be relaxing and enjoyable! Picking out the fabric and notions should be wonderful. If y'all got any fabric and color suggestions, please share!

After I've finished off a few, relaxing pieces, I've got denim I bought last year and I plan to make jeans. Hopefully I'll be recharged and ready to tackle them before the end of the year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment