Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A FO and another on the way

Ta Da! A FO for me! (That's a Finished Object for the uninitiated.)

Sorry about the dark photos. Although we have windows throughout the house, there isn't really any space that's good for shooting crafty photos.

This is the best shot of the front I could get. I don't think you can see the stitching as well here. The shirt has a V-neck collar.
This is Jane Snedden Peever's "Surf and Turf" pattern from "Crocheted Sweaters: Simple Stitches, Great Designs."

I made a tan crocheted hoodie like this last year for my sister-in-law. Mine is burgundy and a size larger. I debated whether to leave off the hoodie, but decided it gives it more character than just a plain ol' vest. I also added two inches to the bottom for a longer fit and I really like that.

The color is off, but here's the hoodie without me wearing it. I took some close up shots to try and show the stitching but they didn't turn out all that great. I really need to figure out a good place to shoot photos!
I did not, however, make the tie/belt that is included in the pattern. I didn't think it was needed and it would just be something I'd have to try and keep up with each time I clean the shirt.

On the hook now is the Hot Cross Slouch Slouch Beret by Jennifer L. Appleby, which was published in Interweave Crochet's Winter 2007 issue.

This yarn may prove to be too stiff for this pattern. I've got six more rows so we'll soon see how it works out!
______________________________________________
Here's some books from Jane Snedden Peever. I don't know much about these books, but I enjoyed making the Surf and Turf pattern (I did make it twice after all!) and these books might be really cool to check out.


I've also included "Interweave Crochet" and "Interweave Knits," both really good magazines filled with all kinds of patterns and inspiration.

       

2 comments: