Thursday, June 23, 2011

Knitting and Crochet HD app

Remember me asking about the Knitting and Crochet iPad app?

Since I now have an iPad, my interest is piqued once again.

I've found it in the app store and took a closer look. It has 4 out of 5 stars, so it seems like it's worth getting. And it's currently $2.99 instead of $4.99.

But I still don't know if it's worth the cost.

Here's what it has:
- 20 patterns,though it doesn't say how many are knitting and how many are crochet and you can't preview all of them before you buy
- fix-it instructions with photos
- Stitch guides and how-tos

At $2.99 I'm tempted to buy it. Twenty patterns and a portable stitch guide sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but if it goes higher or back to $4.99, I don't know if I'd drop the cash.

It would be great if there was a way to upload patterns to take along too. That along with the stitch guide and fix-it tips would make this a very useful tool. Maybe the developer could hook up with pattern companies or sites, like Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting or Ravelry. That would be pretty cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment